Sunday, April 17, 2011

Colin's birthday party

Colin had such a good time on Saturday at his birthday party!

My parents came up early to hang out for awhile before the festivities started. While my mom helped me in the kitchen, Colin played with his great grandma.
Here's my pride and joy of the day, homemade and decorated by moi. I call it beginner's luck :)
I was so nervous about the taste of it because I didn't allow enough time for the cakes to cool before I took them out of the pan, so both layers were missing some of their tops.

Colin took a long nap and when he woke up, he put on his birthday shirt (designed in Publisher, printed by cafepress).
After eating a second lunch (Barbecue sandwiches, pasta salad, fruit salad, and chips),
Colin dug into his presents. He was spoiled by all the generous gifts he received.
Then we sang Happy Birthday
and ate cake (which tasted fine!).
I had wanted to get a family picture taken at some point during the day, but I was too busy during the hubbub. So right before my parents left, as Colin was wearing down, this is the best shot we got.
This morning, one of Colin's first words was "tractor." It was like he had just remembered he had a new tractor sitting in the living room. So away he scampered to play with his tractor, then his truck, then his trike, then his baseball bat... repeat all day.

Colin thanks you for your generosity. He's such a loved and lucky little guy.

2 comments:

grandma J said...

I just can't believe you are two already!!!!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Colin! Love the cake an T-shirt, AJ!