Saturday, April 2, 2011

6 weeks later, 100% potty trained!

I can officially call Colin potty trained now! Actually, he has been potty trained 100% at home for at least three weeks. He still has a minor poop-related issue at daycare to sort through, but the last few days there have gone really, really well. He is starting to get more comfortable about telling Sandy when he needs to go. I rarely ask him if he needs to go anymore either, because I know he'll tell me.

He has never had an accident in public, which makes outings easy. No diapers needed! There have been a few times when we've taking long-ish car rides and I've brought the potty with us, knowing a bathroom might not be available at a moment's notice. He said he had to go, so Kevin stopped, then I crawled into the back seat and plopped him on the potty in the back of the Explorer. He went, I dumped it out, and off we drove!

He wears the Gerber training pants to bed every night now. The extra padding (how little it may be), is for my assurance. He has only had two night time accidents: the first night, and once last week, which I think happened because he was coughing so hard. He usually wakes up at 4:00 or so to go potty, and then goes right back to sleep when he's back in his crib.

I am so happy and fortunate potty training worked out like it did. Those first four days were frustrating and exhausting. I annoyed myself with all of the constant asking and reminding I did. Since then, as we've been able to slowly back down from the reminding and checking, it has been a breeze. In fact, I have almost forgotten the first four days.

So now I can really, truly say I am looking forward to a diaper-free summer!

1 comment:

grandma J said...

It will be a good summer. Congratulations Colin and Mommy, good job.