Wednesday, November 19, 2008

18 weeks, my sweet potato pie

Baby Raina is a sweet potato this week. At the unplanned ultrasound on Monday night, we learned that she's measuring one day ahead. She weighed 8 oz (a whole half-pound!) and I wasn't told her length, but in the corner of the picture it says 15.0 cm, which is equivalent to 5.9 inches. That seems pretty much on-target with my produce-comparing source, so we're going with it. Nothing new to report as far as what she's developing; just that she's more mobile. I'm feeling it, and enjoying it. I can't wait until Kev can feel her too. Sorry I haven't uploaded the ultrasound picture...I haven't had a chance to scan it at work yet. Perhaps tomorrow I'll find a minute to do it.

Here's the belly pics, taken tonight (remember, morning vs. night makes a difference) since Kev's camera was MIA this morning when I was looking for it:



Not the best comparison with last week because of the time of day, but perhaps I'm getting rounder. I sure felt that way this morning when I got dressed.

I have an OB appointment on Friday. One of those fast, quick ones just to check my vitals and baby's vitals. My midwife hasn't called about the accident, so I'm sure she's not concerned. I read in What to Expect When You're Expecting today that babies are so protected inside that car accidents usually aren't a big deal. A co-worker told me today that during both of her pregnancies, she was in car accidents--one was a rollover--and all was fine and dandy. Reassuring.

Speaking of the accident: I feel much like I did yesterday, but less emotional. I worked a half-day today to get the best of both worlds (movement and rest). It was perfect. The sub that was there yesterday came back today. Isn't she amazing? Enterprise came and picked me up from work. They gave me a Dodge Magnum to drive. It's a beast of a vehicle, and I'm just glad it's not the '86 rust orange Crown Vic I "drove" in August while I got hail damage repaired. And by drove, I mean I drove home, parked it the garage, closed the garage door, and didn't drive it again until it was time to return it. We still don't know the status of the Escape--maybe I'll give the auto body shop a call tomorrow and find out what the dealio is on it. Tomorrow I also have a long appointment with my chiropractor to discuss what exactly happened and how he's going to fix me up. He said I'll be seeing a lot of him in the next few weeks. Whatever works, I guess :) Speaking of chiropractor, I've got 10 pages of paperwork to fill out for that appointment tomorrow, so I better get started on it!

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

You really should scan those in you know! If it helps you can come over to my house and I'll do it for you. Lol.

I definitely want to hit the person who said you "pudged" out! Are you freaking kidding me!? You for sure are starting to round, but that is NOT pudge!!! Ahh, it's so cute AJ!

I'm glad you were able to leave early yesterday.