Wednesday, November 26, 2008

19 weeks: Hello, Mango.

This week we're going tropical, because Raina is a mango! Which brings to mind one of my favorite SNL skits of all time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbgK8fNpZJE

Raina should measure about 6 inches and weigh about 8.5 oz. Vernix caseosa, which is that nasty, greasy, white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yummy) now coat her skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. Hey, if you had to take a 9-month-long bath, you'd be pruny and only wish you had the vernix, so don't judge. Her brain is designing specialized areas for her senses. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. If she comes from my side of the family, there's sure to be plenty of it. Here's the belly status:



She's been moving around a lot lately. Yesterday was the most she's moved ever. Those kicks were so strong, I thought for sure I'd be able to feel them from the outside so Kev could have a feel. Not yet, I guess. She was kicking me last night when I woke up to get a drink of water. She's kicking me right now. And what does that little being look like? Only the cutest little baby in the entire world! Here you go, finally!

17w5d. Those two little dots kind of in the midst of black straight out from her face are part of her hand. And then there's the heart, which is the black splotch in the middle of her belly, and then her cute little legs and feet, which are jumbled up way to the right. She's perfect :)

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

I'm so sorry, I didn't comment before! But I did in person! I love your bump, you're rounding! I can't wait for your ultrasound . . . without accident.