Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ben's Baptism (Update pt. 1)

Ben was baptized on March 25. Here are a few pictures of the day.
At church about to be baptized (sidenote, we've gone to this church for 4 years, but just officially joined last Sunday. Either we take commitments like this seriously or we're just lazy. Could be both).
Obviously he's mad he can't have a piece of cake and has to watch everyone else enjoy it.With my friend Kristin, who is his sponsor/Godmother. Check out Ben's Guayabara shirt. I'm kind of in love with it, and hope we can find another occasion to wear it for.
Colin is missing from this family photo because was being entertained happily downstairs.It was a special day for Benjamin, filled with lots of love. Although we're not openly religious people, we wholeheartedly believe in God and we're are excited to see Ben grow in faith.


Uh, sorry Ben, I'm about to hijack your baptism post here....
While we're on the subject of church/religion, here's a story that has nothing to do with Ben's baptism.

We were at church this morning and the Pastor was talking about Jesus. Colin looked at me and said, "I know Jesus." I asked him what he meant and he wouldn't tell me anymore, but it did make me smile. Oh, and also last Sunday, he randomly kissed me on the forehead in church. Some of his sweetest moments happen in pews.

Sorry Ben.

1 comment:

Sarah G said...

His facial expression near the cake is absolutely priceless . . .