Thursday, April 12, 2012

4 months old!

Wowzers Ben! You sure are growing up fast!
We had a busy month. Ben got baptized and celebrated his first Easter.
Benny still continues to eat pretty well, although at daycare he has never drank more than 12 oz in an entire day. However, he does enjoy my company in the evenings and the endless snuggles and milk I provide :)

He has slept through the night 6 times. We even had a stretch of 4 nights in a row! All good things must come to an end though. We're currently waking up 2-3 times a night. Must be the 4 month wakeful. There will be an end. I just hope it's soon.

Ben found his hands. He often puts them in front of his face and watches them as they move. He sucks his thumb when he's tired, but just for a few good sucks or until I feed him, and then he's done. That I can handle.

He also found his giggle. He's quite ticklish, actually. When I say, "I'm gonna get ya!" and tickle him he really starts giggling. He giggles as his shirt brushes his side when I'm undressing him. He giggles when I wash his armpits. He giggles when I sniff his neck.
He loves watching Colin play. He gets mesmerized, taking all Colin does in and learning how the big boys play.
He likes the feel of fuzzy blankets on his hands and face.

He wears size 9 month-18 month clothes, depending on brand and specific clothing item. He weighs 24 lbs.

We're probably going to hold off on introducing cereals. In fact, we'll probably skip cereals altogether. I doubt he's starving, and he's getting enough (and better) nutrition through milk. I'll still talk about it with the pediatrician, but for now that's my plan.

While I'm not looking forward to Ben being mobile because of safety reasons, I'm excited for him to (hopefully) learn how to roll over this month and get stronger and be more interactive with his toys, his brother, and of course, me!

No comments: