Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rainbow, shopping, and babylegs

Yesterday morning, Colin and I set off to the mega-outlet mall, which is about an hour and a half away from us. First, we had to get gas and saw a FULL rainbow! It was fabulous.

We met up with Jess and Nolan (who is now approaching 7 months) at the halfway mark. The ride there went smoothly. It was morning nap time, so I didn't hear a peep from the little dude for quite some time. Our shopping trip was disappointing. I found 1 thing--a sweater from the Gap. Jess found a couple things. I learned that shopping with babies isn't all that fun. Colin was sick of sitting in his car seat (which is part of his stroller), which I totally understand, so I ended up carrying him often. The ride home was horrid. He was cranky and, again, sick of sitting in his car seat. Next time I take him to this outlet mall, he will be able to walk, and perhaps read a book or play a DS in the backseat. I loved spending the day with Jess and Mr. Nolan, and I really did want to make the most of the outlet mall, and maybe if I had found more, I'd be more enthused about it. But that car ride home was the end of the possibility of enthusiasm.

So...to make up for it, I left Colin home with Kevin today and went shopping by myself. I found a BUNCH of great deals, and now I feel a little more ready for school to start. My wardrobe is suffering big time right now. Last year all I bought was maternity clothes, and I got rid of some stuff that was past its prime. After today, it's slowly back into being *somewhat* presentable. Can I just say that while perusing racks at H&M, I secretly wished that Clinton and Stacey would pounce on me and help me out a little? It's true...I really did think that. Nonetheless, I think I picked out some supercool duds.

Speaking of supercool duds, I mean DUDE...I'm in love with babylegs, but don't want to pay $12+ a pair, so I made my own today, with the help of my mom's old sewing machine. You just cut off the feet on a pair of women's knee-high socks, hem up the raw edge, and voila! Babylegs :) I've also got a pair of argyles and ribbed grey to finish up. $7 for 3 pair...what a steal!

1 comment:

stephie said...

What a great idea!! Glad your shopping trip yesterday went better. Have a great week. Jr. starts school this week...