Thursday, June 3, 2010

In Memory of Memorial Day, and other goodness

You know, since it has been almost an entire week.

Colin started off the weekend by devouring strawberries. We give them to him whole now, because he likes to take a bite (or shove chunks in his mouth). At the end of this video, he kind of claps, which is his sign for "more."

He also tried using a spoon to eat his yogurt. It was a big mess, but with a little guidance he's sloooowly getting better at using a spoon.
We went to my parents' house on Sunday for a family picnic where Colin was entertained by a cooler...
...and a wagon ride. He did GREAT in the wagon. He held on to the sides and sat very nicely. He probably took at least 10 laps around the yard throughout the day.

Colin's vocabulary is quickly expanding! His newest words are:
Mama
up
help (this one's still iffy. If he's struggling with something, I say, "Say help." and he says, "ahp". But it sounds a lot like "up," but it's always that same sound. so...)
please (by signing "more"--he has meshed the two together. maybe this summer I'll try teaching him the real sign for please)
Grandma (I haven't heard it, but Kevin's dad did, and my mom and aunt did too)
bump (another one witnessed by my mom, not me. When we go for stroller rides and go over a bump, I say, "bump," and he doesn't say it back)

On the milk front, we are currently mixing 4 oz of frozen breast milk with 12 or 16 oz of whole milk. It's to the point where it's mostly whole milk, and it seems pointless to even be putting breast milk in at all. So I've decided that I'm going to finish out the weekend with mixing in the 4 oz., and on Monday we'll just give him whole milk. After I'm done writing this, I'm going to research milk donation since I have about 100-150 oz left in the freezer, and I want someone to use it if we're not going to. It would be a crime to dump it. Oh how I wish it could keep for years so we can use it for baby #2.

On the school front, happy summer to me! There was so much on my mind today that I forgot to send the kids' report cards home with them! HELLO! I felt really, really stupid, but the secretary who is so nice assured me it was no big deal. I got them all addressed to be sent in the mail tomorrow. Call me Dingleberry. I have to work a half day tomorrow (which will really be a full day because I'm moving to a different room and I have to pack up). Then I teach summer school for a half day for 6 weeks. Colin's last day of day care is tomorrow. I might cry about it, and I can't even tell you why. Tears of joy? Tears of gratitude? Not sure. Either way, I'm so glad I get to spend more time with him.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You could send me a video an hour and I don't think I would ever get sick of aawwwwwwwing over your little man!

Enjoy the weekend, Lady!!!