Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy 15 monthday!

Dear Colley J,
Happy 15 monthday! Here's what you've been doing lately.
(that would be smushed raspberry on the bottom of your foot)

You saw two of your Great Grandmas last weekend. Great Grandma O came up from Arizona so we made a special trip to Rochester to see her.

You have started pooping on your potty chair. The only guaranteed time you do it is about 10 minutes after breakfast. We're going on 4 days in a row! Now we just have to get those other times down so we can increase the potty poops and decrease the diaper poops.

You are a good helper; you like to be clean and tidy. Tonight you helped me put your toys away before bedtime. Before we sat on the rocking chair to sing bedtime songs, you brushed off the seat because you noticed there were a few crumbs/dirt particles. You like to clean off your highchair tray with the dishcloth I'm trying to wipe your hands and face with. You don't like to be dirty. When you fall, if you get dirt/rocks/mulch on your hand, you wave your hand around to try to get it all off. I think these little quirks are cute, but I worry a little about some future OCD.

You climb up and down stairs.

You like to go for walks. A lot. We go for at least 3 walks a day. Sometimes we have destinations--the grocery store, the park--sometimes we just walk in circles around our neighborhood. You quietly take it all in while I push you. Sometimes if Rocket is with us, you like to hold on to his leash.

You still hate veggies except green beans. Although...you did eat one piece of broccoli. And once when I gave you some corn, I put a little bit of ketchup on your tray, and you dipped your corn in it, ate it, and proceeded to eat the rest of your corn without ketchup. On the other hand, you still love all fruits you've ever tried.

You sleep from 7:15ish (after bathtime, pjs, and bedtime songs) to about 5:45. You wake up about once a night to ask for your pacifier. You nap about 2-3 hours every day. Thank you for getting some sleep, and for letting Daddy and I sleep too!

You have an appointment on Tuesday, when we'll find out how much you weigh, how tall you are, and I'm going to make sure Dr. R. checks your ears because I'm paranoid like that.

I'm so excited that for the next 5 weeks, I get to spend my entire day with you. Summer school is finally over, and now it's just you and me. We are going to have so much fun going to parks, pools, and visiting your friends Nolan and Andrew. I am going to savor every minute because there will never be another summer that we can share together when you're this little. I'll relish in every pinecone you find on the ground and every walk we go on, even if it means my feet and legs go numb.

I love you, punkin.
Mommy

No comments: