Monday, July 12, 2010

Our little thrillseeker

Our small town's summer festival is called Fun Fest. I know...so original, right? And to be honest, it's not all that fun. Especially when you don't know very many people there because you haven't lived here all your life. This year was admittedly pretty fun because we have a little boy in tow to show us the world from a whole new perspective.

We met up with friends Justin, Jen, and 6 year old Olivia (or maybe she's 7) on Saturday. We had some good food, including cheese curds of course. And, even more fun than cheese curds, we took Colin on rides. And by "we" I mean I took Colin on rides. Kevin took the pictures to prove it. Colin was barely tall enough to ride them at all. And by "barely tall" enough, I mean he was 1 inch shorter than the required 32 inch height. Like the carnies are going to get out their yard sticks, right?

First we rode the train:
Then we rode in a cool car.
I put on a pretty good show, because this ride made me want to toss my cheese curds. I had to put my head down and just look at the floor of the car for the last half of the ride.
And when it stopped, a dude outside who was watching his kids go around in circles saw that I was feeling a little green and shouted, "One more time!" haha...very funny.

Then we rode on the rollercoaster. Before we got on it, Colin saw this one and got soooo excited about it. So we rode it. He seemed to really like it. And after we got off, he'd look at it and get excited again. Click on the picture to get a good look at his smiling little face!

After all that excitement, we sat around and recovered. Colin tried out Justin's sunglasses.
Kevin and I shared a piece of chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick.


It was scrumptious, as always, and I can't wait to get another piece next year!
As much fun as I had riding with Colin, I am so glad I don't have to go on that car ride ever again.

1 comment:

grandma J said...

hee...hee.hee. colin you are too cute.