Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Potty Training Diaries: Day 2

Once again, Colin woke up with a soggy wet diaper. He didn't want to sit on the potty AT ALL this morning, but he did anyway and didn't go.

The morning went smoothly. He even told Kevin he had to poop and then he went on the potty. Right after lunch, I asked him if he had to go potty and he said no, but a minute later, I caught him peeing by the TV. His face was all taken aback and he didn't know what to do.

He napped same as yesterday--underwear only and I used a sheet saver. He woke up dry again, and peed on the potty when he woke up.

This afternoon he only had one accident, where he slipped out of sight for a minute while I was talking to Kevin. He had a guilty face when I saw him, so I whisked him away to the bathroom and pulled down his underwear. A poop fell on the floor and I didn't know it, and I stepped in it. That was real fun. But the rest of the day was great!

So...2 days in and 2 "real" accidents. Both happened when he was out of sight. Note to self: Don't let him out of sight.

Despite it being President's Day tomorrow, we have school. I'm kind of hoping the snow/blizzard we're getting leads to a snow day so we can continue the training tomorrow. I'm nervous to send him to daycare tomorrow, even though Sandy is ready for him.

No comments: