Monday, February 21, 2011

The Potty Training Diaries: Day 3

This morning I woke up to call that school was 2 hrs late. About 2.5 hrs later, I got another call saying it was canceled! Great opportunity to get potty training day 3 under our belt!

The 3 Day Potty Training Method says that if it hasn't clicked on Day 1 or 2, it will most likely click on Day 3. So I was so happy to have school canceled today.

Colin woke up at 6:00 with a wet diaper. We watched a little bit of Curious George and then changed into underwear. He had two accidents this morning--one poop that occurred, of course, when I was out of the room getting ready for work (before the cancel call). I guess I didn't learn anything yesterday. The second happened while Colin was playing with water in a bowl. I filled up a bucket with some fresh snow too. He scooped all of the snow out of the bucket and into the bowl, then put the bucket on his head and I took a picture. He was more than likely peeing as this picture was taken because I had JUST checked his underwear and they were dry.
He napped same as usual and woke up dry again! When he woke up from his nap, he sat on the potty but nothing happened.

So I waited...and waited...and waited for him to say he had to go. We went outside to play for a good half hour, and his underwear were still dry when we came in! I was thinking...great! He's learning how to hold it now, and any minute now he'll let me know he has to go. Well, he didn't let me know and had an accident. I kind of felt a little defeated at that point, but told myself that 5 accidents in 3 days isn't bad at all. And accidents are all part of the process, so it's no biggie.

Tomorrow we *should* have school, so Colin is off to Sandy's. Hopefully having someone else pestering him about going to the potty will help out a little. And maybe he'll realize I'm serious, because I'm not sending diapers tomorrow.

No comments: