Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Le weekend

My weekend started off with the sad news that Stephie's (one of my BFFs) dad passed away of cancer. He had been battling it for quite awhile and is now at peace and pain-free. His memorial is tomorrow evening, and Brooke, Laura, Kristin, and I are going to go to Rochester after cutting out of work early to be with Stephie.

On Saturday, Kevin, Colin, and I met up with Tony, Leah, and Isaac at Lookout Ridge in Woodbury. It's an indoor playground. Leah summed it up pretty well in her blog post and included some great pictures of our adventure, so I'm going to let her take it from here. Read it. Please excuse Colin's pouty face (he really did have fun) and my husband's appearance. While we were in the car on our way, I noticed he had awful hat hair and he was wearing his work sweatshirt. I pointed it out to him and he all of a sudden he realized it too. He got all embarrassed and, I believe, was thisclose to turning around and changing.

On Sunday I met up with Brooke, Laura, Kristin and Stephie at IKEA for some lunch and shopping. Then we hopped over to the Mall of America. It was fun to hang out with more friends!

On Monday (which I realize isn't technically the weekend), I ran for the first time outside this season. I decided to make it easy and run to the grocery store and back. It's about 2 miles round trip. I walked the first .25 miles (5 minutes), and got back home in 19:09 minutes. I'm not sure how that calculates into min/mile, but it's around 9 or 9:30, which I'm happy with! It was so good to be outside running. No more excuses about not being able to go out. It can only get warmer from here!

No comments: