Thursday, June 23, 2011

16 weeks

16 weeks Snowflake vs. 16 weeks Colin (Look how HUGE I am compared to last time. EEK!)
How far along? 16 weeks 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: +10 pounds (Good LORD!)
Size: Avocado, or 4 1/2 inches and 3 1/2 ounces
Baby Development: "Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Kids at summer school figuring out that I'm pregnant. Like today's conversation with middle schoolers:
Kid: "Mrs. F, how many kids to you have?"
Me: "1 and a half"
Kid: "So you ARE pregnant."
Me: "Yes, I'm not just getting fat."
Kid: "You're not fat, you just have that baby bump going on."
Movement: I think I'm feeling a little bit of movement, but it's more like somersaults and not kicks.
Food cravings: Meat, I guess. Fruit, I guess. Nothing too major. At night I am thirsty but water just isn't enough. Something juicy is what I crave. Last night I settled for some applesauce, but it still wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Sub sandwiches, comfortable jeans/shorts, alcohol. A nice, juicy margarita sounds so yummy. My midwife advises me not to drink juice, but I would really like some.
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I busted out the maternity shorts a couple of days. Otherwise I've been wearing mesh Champion shorts and running pants. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I'm sleeping great. Every night I tell myself I'm going to go to bed at 9:00. But then 10:00 rolls around. Argh.
Gender?: We won't be finding out.
Belly button?: It's very circular and not very deep.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Being done with another week of summer school (2 down, 3 to go!).

Can I also say that we had a chiropractor appointment tonight and Dr. S. asked if I was having twins!??! He says he normally doesn't ask women that, but he has an intuition. I flipped out a little bit. And now we wait anxiously until July 22 for my ultrasound to see if his "intuition" is right. Kevin's reaction? A simple "No."

2 comments:

stephie said...

Twins?!?! Crazy!

Laura said...

OMG...I would be flipping out too. Before our u/s, my MIL liked to remind me that twins run in Joe's family...so I can relate to the panic, yikes! I have a few co-workers with twins and they say twins aren't that bad, especially if you already know what you're in for with babies/kids. But now I'm anxious for July 22nd too! :)