Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day Weekend Rundown

I suppose I should take some time to tell you about our weekend real quick. Since it's still the "beginning" of the week and all :)

On Saturday, we braved the possible rain and met Leah in Stillwater for Colin's "2 year pictures." He was a typical, uncooperative 2 year old who wanted to run around instead of sit by his parents and smile pretty. But knowing Leah, she got some great shots regardless. It helps that her Isaac is the same age and she understands :)

On Sunday, I scrambled to put Kevin's Father's Day present together. I needed Colin's cooperation, and again he was not. But we did it, and it turned out pretty well. We got Kevin a 3-picture frame for his desk at work and put these pictures in it:
I went grocery shopping in the morning and scored some sweet BOGO deals. Blueberries, Doritos, and corn on the cob! I spent $23 but saved $18. Sooo close to saving more than I spent. Next weekend I'm scoring some BOGO strawberries and ice cream :)

After lunch, Colin and Kevin took a nap while I went "real" grocery shopping for the rest of our food supply. I got home an hour later and both boys were still sleeping. They slept until 2:30 when I said enough is enough and I woke them up. We drove down to Hastings to visit my bro, his new FIANCEE Mandy :), my grandma, and my mom and dad for Father's Day. Colin got to see some "dig digs" up close because Scott's road is all torn up due to construction. We stayed for a few hours and hit up the park on the way out of town.

So that was our Father's Day weekend fun!

1 comment:

stephie said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend! Can't wait to see the family pics! Love ya!