Friday, June 10, 2011

Colin's wish list

If I know Colin, and if he knew all of the world's possibilities, I know that he would want these:

1. Balance bike. It's a bike without pedals rated for ages 2-5. First you learn to balance, then you can lift your feet up and coast. Balancing while using pedals come later.2. Swing for our backyard. He used our neighbor Regan's swing last weekend. Now he asks more about her, and says he wants to play with her. He's just using her for her swing. But we're seriously considering getting him one.
3. His very own riding lawn mower. The kid is obsessed with my parents' lawn mower and the tractor that mows at Kevin's parents' house. I'm tellin' ya, if he saw this in his driveway he would freak. out. But only in his head because he's all non-exuberant like that. But you would know he was excited because of the glow radiating from his every cell.
4. Pedal tractor. He's also pretty obsessed with this tractor that Sandy has at her house. He doesn't like to share it. I guess he throws a fit if he has to give someone else a turn. Life is rough. I witnessed the love this morning when we visited daycare. The glow, people. He just cruised around in circles in that thing, slamming on the brakes every now and then to avoid collision, happy as a clam. And, to my happiness, after he had ridden it for a substantial amount of time and I told him it was time to share, he didn't freak out.
Note: All things that go. We spend much of our time on the driveway riding, riding and oh...riding.

Note: Good Lord, you should see the current state of our garage already! Kevin has resigned himself to parking in the driveway. There's PLENTY of room for him to park in the garage, but apparently his truck feels a bit claustrophobic amongst the trikes, strollers, lawn mowers, push cars, etc.

Note: I'm really lovin' the balance bike idea.

5. A baby. Honest! He told me so himself. We were watching TV, and by "we," I mean "I" with Colin playing in the living room. I told him to look at the cute little baby on TV, so he did. I asked him if he wanted a baby, and he said, "Yeah, right NOW!" So *poof*! Wish granted, well...not right now...he'll have to wait until December. I mean, come on! How can we resist not giving Colin a sibling as cute as he?
*Credit: Leah Maria Photography

I'll give you more details next time. For now, I will leave you hanging with a smile on your face.

1 comment:

stephie said...

Love the post! BTW u have really good intuition...blue skies...I hope you are right about yourself! Love ya