Thursday, August 4, 2011

22 Weeks

22 weeks Snowflake vs. 22 weeks Colin (no pictures there though, sorry!)

How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13 lbs (actually it has been +10 for the last 2 weeks, but I thought that was strange and kept it at +13)
Size: Spaghetti Squash, or 11 inches and almost 1 pound
Baby Development: "Your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Spending time as a family of 3 at the Children's Museum on Sunday.
Movement: Snowflake moves around a little bit every day. Sometimes I can see it a tiny bit, sometimes I can just feel it.
Food cravings: Meat, I guess. Fruit, I guess. Oh yeah, and cinnamon crêpes from The Magic Pan Crêpe Stand in the Mall of America. Omg. When will this magical reunion happen? If I get paid for my curriculum hours tomorrow, it's happening this weekend.
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Sub sandwiches (more than ever), comfortable jeans/shorts, alcohol
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I busted out the maternity shorts a couple of days. Otherwise I've been wearing mesh Champion shorts and most of my regular shorts/capris with my belly band. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: It's very circular and the top part is getting shallower.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Just enjoying my summer until I have to start working in 2.5 weeks :( *sniff, sniff*

1 comment:

stephie said...

Looking beautiful Momma!