Thursday, August 18, 2011

24 weeks: Viability!

22 weeks Snowflake vs. 22 weeks Colin (there's actually a belly picture this time).
How's THIS for an outfit? I changed into my PJ pants, but I hadn't changed my shirt yet. Stylin'.
How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +14 lbs
Size: Ear of corn, or almost 12 inches and just over 1 pound
Baby Development: "Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week...He cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Seeing babies! We saw three of them this week: Lauren (3 mo.), Ezra (7 weeks), and today we saw Jessica's new baby, William who was just 5 days old. Colin wanted to hold each of the babies, but only got to hold sleepy Mr. William. He did a great job and loved every minute of it.
Movement: Snowflake moves around every day. I see and feeel her move around often. Most of the time it's on my right side. I'm guessing the feet are there, but I'm super bad at knowing the baby's position.
Food cravings: Meat. Cinnamon crêpes from The Magic Pan Crêpe Stand in the Mall of America. Omg. I can't wait for this magical reunion. Sunday, baby! Also, I've been thinking about the corn on the cob and the deep fried pickles at the MN State Fair. Yummo. Not sure if we'll be able to go this year :(
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Not snissing, not having round ligament pain, alcohol, clothes that fit.
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I wear either my 1 pair of maternity shorts or mesh Champion shorts now. The other non-maternity/stretch stuff I have just doesn't cut it anymore. I may have to find just a few warm weather items (hopefully on clearance) before the school year starts. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: It's very circular and the top part is flush with my belly.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Midwife appointment and Simply Music teachers lunch date (Fri), Laura's baby shower (Sat), IKEA and crêpes (Sun), my mom is coming up on Tuesday night to watch Colin on Wednesday and she's going to help paint his "new room" Great Green (Sherwin-Williams):
Sidenote 1: I took my rings off this week :(. They'll probably stay off unless I can get them back on/off easily when the weather starts to cool off.
Sidenote 2: This week marks viability! If Snowflake decided to make an early appearance, from here on out, with a lot of help from the NICU, chances are s/he will survive.

No comments: