Friday, August 26, 2011

25 weeks

25 weeks Colin (Sorry, no picture there. And no picture this week, either. I'm too lazy to go take my picture right now.)

How far along?
25 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: +14 lbs?? It's actually probably more. I'm just afraid to go see what it is. Going back to school = crappy junk food sitting in the teachers lounge.
Size: Rutabaga, or almost 13.5 inches and 1.5 pounds
Baby Development: "She's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Eating that delicious cinnamon crêpe. It was heavenly. My mom came up this week and painted Colin's big boy room. It's good to get that started. Next projects include painting the closet and getting new carpet installed.
Movement: Snowflake moves around every day. I see and feel her move around often. Most of the time it's on my right side. I'm guessing the feet are there, but I'm super bad at knowing the baby's position. I've also felt movement a couple of inches above my belly button.
Food cravings: Meat. I'm still thinking about the corn on the cob and the deep fried pickles at the MN State Fair. Yummo. Not sure if we'll be able to go this year :(
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Not snissing, not having round ligament pain, alcohol, clothes that fit.
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I just bought a few pairs of capris and pants that I can wear to school. I doubt I'd be able to get by with jean and Champion shorts once the kids start coming to school.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: It's very circular and the top part sticks out a little bit.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Getting into a routine again. Not that I'm THRILLED to be back to work, but I am accepting it is happening and I'm ready.

No comments: