Thursday, August 11, 2011

23 weeks

23 weeks Snowflake vs. 23 weeks Colin (again, no belly picture there)
How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +14 lbs (I admit, I had a DQ Blizzard today. I had to for those kids at Gillette. I think I may have gained a pound or two because of it).
Size: Large mango, or 11 inches and just over 1 pound
Baby Development: "Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. You may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner [or Colin's tantrums]— probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Napping. I won't be able to take naps soon. Is that a lame moment? Kind of. But I really do enjoy naps. Oh and also? My Simply Music training materials arrived in the mail. The letter that was so neatly placed on top of the materials said I couldn't peruse through the contents until I have my first conference call (which is tomorrow). I have listened and have not perused, but truthfully it was like an anti-climactic Christmas.
Movement: Snowflake moves around every day. Sometimes I can see it a tiny bit, sometimes I can just feel it. This morning in my half-awake state, I think I felt a butt or a head pushed up against my belly, because I felt very stretched out and hard on my right side.
Food cravings: Meat, I guess. Fruit, I guess. Oh yeah, and cinnamon crêpes from The Magic Pan Crêpe Stand in the Mall of America. Omg. I can't wait for this magical reunion. But it looks like I'll be waiting until the 21st. :*(
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Not snissing.
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I busted out the maternity shorts a couple of days. Otherwise I've been wearing mesh Champion shorts and most of my regular shorts/capris with my belly band. My non-stretch waistband short and capris are seriously beyond ridiculous. I may have to find just a few warm weather items (hopefully on clearance) before the school year starts. I'm still wearing non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: It's very circular and the top part is pretty much flush with my belly.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Just enjoying my summer until I have to start working in 1.5 weeks :( *sniff, sniff*

No comments: