Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2 goods, 1 bad

The good news:

1. Ben slept through the night last night from 9:15 pm-6:00 am! Of course I did not get 8+ hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Colin came into our room to sleep with me sometime after 1:00 am. I thought he'd sleep with us until Ben woke up, then I'd put him back in his bed. Since Ben slept all night, that didn't happen. So I "slept" (not really) until 4:00 when I just couldn't take the boob pressure anymore and got up to pump. When I looked back at the bed, Colin was spread out on my side, so I lay down in his bed and "slept" (again, not really) until 5:55 when he came looking for me. Time to get up. But YAY for Ben! Let's hope this is a consistent thing :)

2. Ben drank from a bottle! I had a meeting at work this afternoon. I didn't HAVE to go to it, but took the opportunity to take Ben to Sandy's house just for a few hours to get his (and my) feet wet with the whole Ben's-in-daycare thing. We've been struggling with Ben taking a bottle. He's taken one a few times from various people from various bottles, but hasn't been consistent with it. While Ben was with Sandy this afternoon, he drank a bottle without a problem! He was all smiles and coos while he was there. Oh, and also I didn't cry when I left him with her. It's so much different when you've developed a relationship with the daycare provider instead of dropping your child off with people you don't know. Hopefully I won't cry on Monday when I go back to work either.


The bad news:


1. Colin has strep. Again. He had it a month ago too. I pat myself on the back for tuning into his horrid smelling breath both times and taking him in. Last time he had Amoxicillin and he wouldn't take it straight up, so I had to make smoothies or mix it into pudding 2x a day for 10 days. This time we have Zithromax. Tonight, after mixing it with strawberry applesauce he didn't eat, I had to pin him down and kneel on his arms and force it in him. Good times. At least this one is only once a day for 5 days.


At least the good outweigh the bad, right?

No comments: