Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ben's First A+

Ben had his 2 month pediatrician appointment today. Here are his stats:

Length: 23 1/2 inches (74th %ile)
Head circumference: 16 1/2 cm ( %ile)
Weight: 17 lbs, 14 oz. He's in the 100th percentile! He is way off the charts. The top line of the growth curve for 2 months old is between 14.5-15 lbs. Dr. C. said not to "let the moms at Target" make me feel bad about having a big baby. He's thriving and at this point in life can't be overfed.

Ben is usually well clothed at home, he doesn't just sit around in a diaper. At his appointment, all he wears is his diaper, so he was sitting on my knees facing me and for the first time I saw his unclothed chub in all of it's glory. He has the cutest little love handles.

He asked how Ben's sleeping. After I said he typically only gets up once a night, he advised that once Ben starts snacking instead of eating a full meal, I stop feeding him and just soothe him back to sleep. Makes sense, right? It's just unfathomable to me that he might just sleep through the night soon. It's a good thing, obviously! I guess I just set myself up to getting up multiple times per night for months.

I asked about the little bruise Ben has on the bridge of his nose. Dr. C. said it's a type of birthmark that involves blood vessels and as his skin thickens it will fade. He added that as a teenager if he's working out or he's angry or something that bruise might be visible. That's funny to me :) I can just imagine it being an indicator of how angry he is. "Ooooh, Ben's getting angry! I can see his bruise!"

Ben also got his DTaP shot. I was so impressed with how quickly and efficiently the nurse did his shot--so much quicker and less to-do than at the clinic we took Colin to as an infant!

Hurray for good pediatrician appointments!

No comments: