Thursday, February 2, 2012

Weekly update

I really do apologize for the lack of posts, and the fact that when I do post I just can't shut up :) Colin has been uber-territorial and obsessive about my laptop and his YouTube videos of Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Even if I were to start a post, it would be a battle to finish it. It was getting ridiculous. We've decided to take an "out of sight, out of mind" approach. The laptop is stored on top of the fridge (until nap time or bed time if I need to use it). If he wants to watch something, it has to be on TV or one of his DVDs.

So, in a nutshell...
Ben has been growing. What else does he do? He's gaining weight quickly and we'll find out the official stats next Thursday at his 2 month appointment. He continues to be a good sleeper. I usually wake up about twice during the night to feed him and I'm typically only up for about a half hour. That is, if I am awake enough to go to back to bed. I often pass out in the rocking chair and wake up after an hour or more. Ben is smiling and "talking" more and more every day. His little "laugh" is emerging, but for now it's just a deep breath in with a little noise.
My favorite view:
Colin is ready for spring to be here. He needs to get outside and run off some energy. Some days are more challenging than others, but hopefully soon his cabin fever will be cured. Speaking of cures, he had strep last week. He's finishing up some Amoxicillin, which has been a chore to give him. He refuses to take it straight--he'll fight us, even if we pin him down, and he'll purse his lips together so we can't get the syringe in his mouth. Even if we do manage to get the tip in, he'll spit the medicine right back out all over us. We've been creative about mixing it with other things. We've made strawberry banana smoothies and eaten a lot of strawberry pudding over the last week!

I just finished typing up some loose recipes I had floating around in my cabinet. I'm going to print them and store them in plastic page protectors in a little binder. Aside from giving my neighbor 3 grocery bags bags + 3 small appliances for donation, that's the only decluttering thing I've worked on the last week. I am tossing around the idea of adding another class to my piano lessons. More about that later...don't want to talk (err...read) your ears (eyes) off!

Kevin is working more in the office. No more taking advantage of his help while he's working from home. :( He's been busy working and helping me with the boys.

No comments: