Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sick Pseudo Snow Day

If I were working, we'd have a snow day today. We had an ice storm last night. Our yard has about 3-4 inches of wet, heavy snow. Because it also rained, our snow is so wet there's actually actually yellow colored icy pools in the snow. A wet, sloppy, mess.

We've had quite the...to put it nicely...indecisive morning. I'm ready for it to be over, and I need to find the positive in my day today.

Good thing we're stuck inside with a sick little boy. Good thing we have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Curious George for entertainment. Good thing I stocked up on cold, soft snacks yesterday even though Colin isn't eating much yet. Good thing I got that dose of antiobiotics in him last night so we wouldn't have to pack up 2 kids for the long, treacherous drive {across the street} to the doctor for a shot of penicillin today as an alternative. Good thing I'm planning on Colin taking a nice, long nap in the near future. I need one too. Good thing I have wine in the fridge so I can indulge in a glass tonight.

He's lying on the living room floor watching George with his pillow and blanket. This may just be one of the handful of times he falls asleep in the living room. It really only happens when he's sick.

Sleep, little boy. Sleeeeeep. Please.

No comments: