Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hodge Podge

Not much exciting is going on around here. So just a quick little hodge podge of news for you...

Ben is good. He takes a 3-4 hr nap every day, which allows me to either be hyper-productive or anti-productive (sadly, I've been choosing the latter recently). He's been sleeping pretty well at night. Not all the way through, but just waking once to eat and going back to sleep right away. Once he starts "snacking" vs. eating, we'll try to wean him off of waking up altogether. Although I'm hoping he'll just do that on his own :) We've set a goal to get him to drink from a bottle once a day for these next few weeks because he starts daycare on the 5th and he's not so much loving the bottle. We're working on the details (like a date!) for Ben's baptism. That's my goal before maternity leave is up--to get that on the calendar and the people in place for it.

Colin is good. He's had jumping beans in his pants the last few days. Cabin fever or something. We're struggling with him getting down from the table and jumping around rather than eating. We've threatened to get the booster seat back out and strap him in it during supper time.

I'm good. My maternity leave is coming to a close quickly. I go back the 5th (less than 2 weeks away!) and I'll do a "reverse shadow" for 2 days. It will help me ease back into it, Since, you know, I can't just leave 20 6 and 7 year olds unattended to pump for 15 minutes! It might be rough those first few days having to hold out until lunch or prep, so if I need to leave my long term sub will be there for back up. Whew! Spring break starts the 12th so working just 1 week will be good way to ease into it again. I'm ready to go back. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is being so goshdarn tired and working through it and pretending to not be tired. Not that I nap a whole lot at home anyway. Ben will do great at daycare, Colin will enjoy having him there, and I know he'll be in good hands.
My decluttering frenzy has died down a bit because I decluttered a lot already! Right now I'm working on the basement storage room. My mom came up over the weekend and helped me get rid of some stuff. I need to find the right organizers for some things, and then I'll be ready to tell you about it.
I'm going to hold another introductory session to recruit one more class of piano students. Hopefully I'll get a few more kids. I'd love to have 3-5 more.

Kevin is good. He's starting up a blog :) No, it's not about his adventures in fatherhood, although that might be...entertaining. It's work-related. When it's up and running I'll share the url with you and you can visit him.

Rocket's good. I think he's ready for spring. He misses lying in the grass basking in the warm sunshine. Aren't we all?

We're all good.

You good?

2 comments:

grandma J said...

I'm good.

stephie said...

I'm good too! Can't wait to see my girls and my little men!