Sunday, May 24, 2009

I spoke too soon

You know what I said about Thursday night, how Colin slept for 3.5 hrs straight? Well, on Friday night, he slept for FIVE straight hours! I put him in his crib at 11, and woke up when he cried. I glanced at the clock, saw it said 4:00, and bolted into his room before he ate his pajamas off. 5 hours is the most he's ever done anything...sleep, gone without eating, gone without getting his diaper changed. It was quite a lovely surprise. He was up for an hour eating, burping, etc. and went back to sleep for another 2.5 hrs. Very nice.

Last night we were back to our new "average" of the 3 hr stretches, which I will not complain about. They are definitely do-able, and really, it's like I only get up once or twice in the middle of the night. The second time he wakes up it's at least starting to get light out.

We may have a smiler now. I'm not quite sure yet if those smiles are intended for showing happiness, or if they're intended for something else. But at least the smiles are now two-sided instead of the one-sided smirks.

Colin's noises have progressed from grunts and cries to vowel sounds. Check out the video in the next post to listen.

No comments: