Sunday, May 31, 2009

I want to check you for ticks

And ooooo oooo ooo you never know where one might be...

Ticks are the WORST insect in the entire world. Really, what purpose do they serve? I'm not sure how any good can come from a tick.

Raise your hand if you've seen the House episode where all signs are pointed to the patient having Lyme's Disease, but no tick or red ring can be found anywhere. There are 10 minutes left in the show and House suddenly realizes that they haven't checked everywhere (get my drift?), and pulls out a pair of tweezers on the elevator and discovers a tick "down there." Girl is cured, end of show. This was merely just my worst nightmare. Until yesterday. Mmmmhmm.

So Rocket gets religious doses of Frontline. It's great for him...not so great for me. I am a tick magnet. Whatever ticks he brings in the house, half of them will end up on me. Because of this, I'm quite paranoid and feel like they're crawling on me all the time. Kevin thinks I'm slightly crazy. I found 3 on me yesterday. First one was crawling on my hand. Third one was attached to my head ::heebie jeebies::. Second one...you ready?

We had our friends Justin and Jen over, and I was holding Colin.
I felt something on my upper inner thigh.
Crawling? No, couldn't be.
Oh wait, yes, yes it was.
I made the quickest baby hand-off possible and made a beeline to the bathroom.
Sure enough--
Tick.
Attached with dear life to the outside of my underwear.
(Makes me glad I wear underwear, for sure!)
I often joked with Kevin about that House episode, not thinking it could happen.
Oh yes, it can happen.

I love my dog, I hate the ticks. My mom always said I got a lot of mosquito bites because I'm so sweet. Awww, I know. The same must be said about ticks, I guess.

Sorry I creeped you out.
...Don't worry babe I got your back, and I've also got your front.

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Oh I have the creepy crawlies just thinking about it. A week or so ago I found one crawling on my hand and I slapped it off so fast that I then had to vacuum the entire living room and sofa. I am constantly checking my scalp. This is where a bald spot would come in handy, but don't tell my husband I said that.

maria said...

Ew, ew, ew!!!! We were working outside this weekend on our yard and I had three ticks when we came back in--two crawling around randomly and 1 attached to my hip. I think I get them from the dog too--they drop off her and find a home on me. Gross. I still feel all creepy crawly and am paranoid I'm going to find another one.

stephie said...

Oooooo, that's scary!! I have yet to ever find one on Adler, unless I'm not looking good enough for them. But thank goodness, because they scare the crap out of me! I'm sorry, but I'm so glad I'm not a tick magnet like you! :hugs: