Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2 month appointment and sleeping

Here are Colin's stats:
Weight: 12 lbs, 12 oz = 75th percentile
(We don't own a scale, so I was guessing he was just reaching 12 lbs).
At 2 weeks, he weighed 7 lbs 3 oz = 25th percentile.
Height: 23 inches = 50th percentile.
At 2 weeks, he was 20.5 inches = 75th percentile.
Head circumference: 15.25 = 25th percentile

So...he's all over the board proportionately, I guess :) He was given a clean bill of health and Dr. R was impressed with his weight gain since he is double his birth weight. The nurse (a friend of ours) and Dr. R commented on our cool diaper (I took a Bumgenius with me).

Then he got his shots. We decided to split them up into two appointments. So today he got DTaP (diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis) and Rotavirus. Next time (2-4 more weeks) he'll get PCV (pneumonia) and Hib (haemophilus influenzae type B). He, of course, screamed and cried when he got the shot, which made me tear up a bit. But he stopped crying after 30 seconds or so. Our friend gave him the shots, so I felt a bit comforted by that. I think we need to hang out with her and her husband some more so Colin doesn't think she's just the evil shot-giver. When we got home, he just wanted to snooze and snuggle. So we did that for awhile. I just put him in his crib to sleep off the pain, and hopefully he'll stay there for awhile and get some good sleep.

Speaking of sleep. I have yet to share with you that last Thursday night, he slept from about 9:30 p.m. to almost 5:30 a.m.!!! He slept through the night! Other than that amazing feat, he usually averages about 5 hrs in his first sleep stretch. Then he has a shorter one that's about 3 hrs or so. Last night he woke up at 1:30, and then when he started making noises at 3:30, I made Kev stay in bed instead of getting up to change him, and Colin went back to sleep until 6:00. See, Kevin has this supersonic hearing and wakes up at the slightest peep. I wake up like most people do...when I hear talking-level decibles. So Kevin was getting up at the slightest noise to change Colin's diaper (thinking he was waking up), which essentially was waking Colin up unnecessarily. So we're going to try this new way for a few more nights and see how it goes.

3 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Like I said, nice job momma! He's got some meat on his bones. :)

And YAY for sleeping through the night!

stephie said...

Woohoo for sleep! You've got such cute little guy...I can't wait to see him again!!

Triana said...

Awww! What a big man! CJ is all over the board too but he has a big head. At his last appt his head was in the 50th% and his weight in the 25th. Lol!