Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend fun

Here's a shout out to all of my mom's co-worker friends from the MC (as well as a few other friends sprinkled in) who are faithful readers of my blog. They are a wonderful group of ladies who have always treated me so kindly, most of them going back as long as I can remember. I am so spoiled by their generosity, and on Saturday they spoiled Colin by throwing him a shower.
Hostesses with the mostesses (Noelle, Reece, and Jen):
He got a lot of way-too-cute clothes, a soothe and glow seahorse, triangle stacking blocks, Airforkone, dinnersaurs, teethers, books, a cup with his name on it, a handmade scrapbook page that's framed and hangs on the wall,
a handmade beaded bracelet with Colin's initials, and much more. He was a very good baby as he was passed around and the ladies oohed and aahed over him.
Here he is with Nancy and Jackie, feeling his newest bath towel:
(Thanks, Denise, for taking the pictures, and thanks to the rest of you for being awesome).

We stayed overnight at my parents' house Saturday night, which was interesting. A lot of thought needs to go into packing for a baby! We continued our cloth diapers over the weekend without a hitch, and the wetbag we ordered was just big enough to fit the diapers he used.

On Sunday, my parents invited some family over for an early Father's Day picnic, so Colin got to meet more relatives, including his great-great aunt and uncle, his great-uncles, his great-aunts, and he got to see great-grandma and uncle Scotty. Scott (my bro) even held him for the first time, only because I made him, and he seemed to like it ;) Once again, he did a pretty good job with all the people around him.
Basking in the filtered sun:

No comments: