Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend

Since I just can't sit still for more than one day, Colin and I busted out of dodge and had a fun weekend! I regret not having any pictures to show for it :(.

On Friday, we went to my co-worker friend's house for a little boy playdate. There was Max, who's 3, Owen who's almost 2, Phillip who's 1, and Colin. Phillip's dad built a sandbox for him, so the "big" boys played in it while Colin and I watched. Then Max discovered the wading pool and decided to go for a swim. It wasn't long before his little bro Owen joined him and they were soaked to the bone. Phillip and Colin decided to just get their toes wet. Then we all (except Colin...poor guy left out of everything) indulged in Itty Bits ice cream...you know, Dippin' Dots that you can buy in the store. After our treats, we dispersed. Colin and I went wedding and bridesmaid dress shopping with Laura. She's getting married next April, right around Colin's 1st birthday.

On Saturday, we kind of stuck around home. I like to do an every-other-day outing so we get a day of recovery in between :)

On Sunday, it was my mom's birthday, and she and my dad were at my brother's house, so Colin and I went down there and visited. While Colin slept, I scraped some varnish off my bro's new windows, then my mom, Colin, and I took a walk up the street to see my aunt, uncle, and cousin. My aunt visited us when Colin wasn't even a week old, but hadn't seen him since, so she got to see how much he has changed. When it was time for Colin to have lunch, we went back down to my brother's house, where we all ate lunch, then my mom and I hit up some nurseries (the flower kind...). Mom bought me my belated Mother's Day present, an Endless Summer Hydrangea. Colin was such a sleepy baby all day long, so he was pretty content in the car and in his stroller. After a long day, we headed back home and planted the Hydrangea. Here's hoping I don't kill it, mmmkay?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Kevin, who hates my college desk (what's wrong with it!?!?), decided that yesterday was the day he was going to buy himself a new desk, a new desk chair, AND a new monitor. So now our office has 2 desks...both with computers (his a laptop). Apparently he doesn't like how I stack things up on the desk. That's just fine, because I don't like how he moves my stacks. So now we have our own spaces. I guess it's kind of like having dual sinks in the bathroom (which we don't have).

I can't believe June is gone already! I have this week with no commitments, and then the next 3 weeks I'm teaching summer school from 8-12 (with some afternoon training and curriculum planning days thrown in). Then I have 4 weeks left of summer until I have to be back in school. Sad!

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

You had quite the busy weekend as well! We do need to set up another time to see each other!