Friday, June 25, 2010

In the words of Stephanie Tanner,

"How rude!" <--click it!

Remember the days when somebody found something and returned it? Those were nice, weren't they? ::looks to ceiling out of the upper left corner of my eyes and sees a big thought bubble above my head with a smiley face in it::

Those days are long gone. Someone stole my camera. I've sort of been in denial about it because I'm mad at myself and I'm mad at the jerk who took it.

Once upon a time two weeks ago, we were at A & A's (Kevin's bro and new bride) wedding reception. It got to be pretty "late" by our new "parent" standards. You know...8:00. Way past Colin's bedtime. He was a crank. It was time to bust out of there. ASAP. Before all heck broke loose. So we quickly gathered his stuff together and went home. Correction. Kevin dropped Colin and I off at home while Kevin went back to the reception (it was 5 min away from our house) to hang out with family and friends. Fine and dandy. I bathed the boy and put him to sleep and settled in to fix one of my summer school girl's knitting project. What? Fine. Call me grandma. I make beautiful blankets, so there.

You know how when you're in the middle of doing something, and all of a sudden you realize that, OMG! I should be at the dentist right now! or...Shizz! I forgot to put deodorant on! Well, in the midst of tinking (knitting backwards dontcha know), I realized, OMG! I forgot Colin's cooler at the reception! It's this really nifty cooler we used to transport milk. I had forgotten it on the floor under my table. Can't live without it. So I called Kevin's cell. No answer. I left a voicemail. ::sigh:: Surely he'd listen to his voicemail before he leaves and he'd grab it. He arrived at home. 11:00 pm. No cooler. Crap. Long story short, we got the cooler back because A & A packed it up with all of the other stuff from the reception. Whew!

But did I think, "OMG! My camera!" Nopes. I may have thought, "huh...did I grab my camera? Of COURSE I did! It's in the diaper bag. Silly." Because who would leave a camera out on a table and leave in such a haste that they'd totally forget it?!? ::looks around, points to self:: Me. Idiot. And of course it's gone. It's a snazzy little thing, my Canon Powershot. Too bad the mean Stealerpants doesn't have a charger or a USB cable ::insert mean cackle here::. Although you could probably find those for under $20 ::pout::.

But even after I kinda had a hunch I left it there, I didn't believe it. I looked everywhere. I called the reception place. K called A & A. Then I stopped looking because you know how it is. Lost things show up when you stop looking for them. Still waiting.

I thought about taking this chance and upgrading to a DSLR (Canon Rebel EOS XS, in case you're curious). But, because of "the situation" (see previous post), I'm just going to replace it with...drumroll please!...the same camera. It works just fine. It takes video (DSLRs don't, unless you spend megabucks). It's reasonably priced. And then when I'm really ready to take the plunge, I'll get the Rebel and keep the Powershot for on-the-go purposes.

Some people really are jerks, you know. There were pictures of Kev, Colin, and me on the camera. Stealerpants could've easily turned it on, looked at the pictures, found Kevin in the pictures wearing a tux, standing outside the reception site, and known that Kevin was A's brother, or if (s)he didn't, that at least (s)he knew he was in the wedding, and given it to A. Seriously, Jerkface. How rude!

Lord help me, we will raise Colin to do the right thing.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Maybe someone will look at the pics and still get it back to you! There are good people out there, I'm sure, right?

AJ said...

Let's hope so, K.