Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New camera, new pictures!

Most of my summer school paychecks are going towards the down payment for a vehicle in October because that's when our lease runs out. But, since I got paid today, and since The Jerk still hasn't returned my camera, I bought a new one today. I couldn't be happier.

I got a Canon Powershot SD1300.
It is, literally, a point and shoot. It sets itself to portrait or landscape or macro or whatever it deems appropriate.

It has digital zoom up to 16x. I'm usually not too thrilled about digital zoom because the pictures are usually grainy. But look at this.


This is a dumb picture, but I love how the sippy cup is in focus and Colin's car is blurry in the background. You can also see some texture on the sippy spout because Colin bangs the sippy cup on the driveway.

A close-up of my lettuce.
I planted it in the planter just outside our door. This is VERY convenient when you get the urge to have a salad. A little snip, snip, wash, wash and you've got your very own homegrown salad. I could get used to that!

Someone likes to climb on top of the heat register to look out the window.

Working on his laptop.

Good, right? This totally satisfies me until I get that DSLR I want.

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

So glad to see Colin again. :) Love the pictures! Nice work AJ!

stephie said...

Awesome camera! Love the subject of the pics too!!! Enjoy your weekend...love ya.