Friday, June 11, 2010

Words and big boyness

For the record, I'd like to write down the newest words in Colin's vocab:

nahnah=nukkie...oh drats! He has a word for it now. I was hoping to get rid of the darned thing before he could ask for it!

nana=banana

Na!=snack...with a capital N because he really stresses it and pushes the /a/ sound out. It really sounds like the /na/ sound you hear when you say "snack."

broo=broom...only it's more of a lip vibration than an actual /br/ sound.

itty=kitty...this one is always directed at the neighbors' cats.

day du=thank you...I swear he has said it one or two times.

peas=please


And he also drank some of my Caribou smoothie from a straw today.

And I broke down and bought him "big boy" pajamas; the ones without the full-body zipper and feet.

And his other top tooth has broke through. He now officially has his 2 bottom and 2 top teeth.

And he's starting to take a few running steps. Hold me. Or at least recommend a good pair of tenny runners.

Oh, and I decided that Colin's going to finish up the frozen milk. I found in my research of milk donation that it takes 2-3 weeks to even go through the whole process, and it seems they want you to have testing done even before you freeze it. I could do a milk share thing where local people who want milk can hook up with people who have milk, but that seems sketchy. So we're just finishing up what little we have left. We'll probably finish it by the end of the month.

1 comment:

stephie said...

Go Colin Go!!! I wish I was closer and could hear him talking. Hope you have a great week...I hear Grandma J is in town watching your little guy? I wish your brother lots of luck! Or is that over with already? Love ya!