Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where the heck we've been (update pt. 2)

Where to start really?

Kevin's brother got married on June 12. I'm sure the ceremony was lovely, but I was in the nursery supervising Colin and missed it. Kevin was in the wedding, and as soon as Colin saw him, he yelled "Dada!" and Kevin kept turning to smile at him, so then Colin tried to squirm off my lap. So...we left the sanctuary to play with toys instead.

Last Sunday, we went to Teddy Bear Park and met up with some of my friends from college, Rachel and Graham, and their son Corey. (I totally stole these from Rachel's blog. Sorry Rach!)
After playing at the park for awhile, we ate lunch at this really cool place with an outside patio area. Colin got into a bit of trouble there, because I let him walk around since a)we were outside and b)there were only 2 other tables with diners. He walked over to a water pipe, turned the lever, and got sprayed with some water. He seemed quite embarrassed :)

Later on that Sunday, my mom came up to visit. She stayed all week long to babysit Colin in the mornings while I taught summer school (after this week, I'll be halfway through!).

It was a rainy week, but we managed to squeeze in a trip to Como Zoo. This was Colin's second time there (the first being in the winter). His favorite animals were the monkeys because, you know, they actually move around. He loved standing at the glass watching them zip and swing back and forth. One monkey ran right up to the glass and put his hand over his eyes as if to see through the glass. Hilarious. And now whenever I do that, Colin cracks up.

I taught my mom how to knit, and now she's working on a scarf. She replaced some velcro that had worn out on Colin's BumGenius diapers. So now it's like we've got 6 brand new ones!

We moved plants around and mulched. My gardens have become so overgrown the past few summers, so it was nice to clean things out and move them to new places. Now let's just hope they survive!

On Friday, we headed up to Duluth so we could see my little brother run Grandma's Marathon on Saturday morning. He did a great job and finished with a time of 4:46, which isn't too shabby for a first-timer. On our drive up towards Two Harbors where the start is, I was dumbfounded that someone would actually RUN that far. And some people do it on a regular basis! We were able to see him at the 5 mile, 12 mile, 20 mile, and finish line points. Here he is at 20 miles.
After we ate some Little Caesars pizza, we headed home.

No comments: