Tuesday, December 23, 2008

23 weeks: Merry Christmas

My primary source of produce-comparisons slacks when it gets this late. A papaya=weeks 22-24. Thus, I rely on my secondary source for a few weeks. A little overlap here, with an adjective placed in front of it. This week, Rain is a large mango. He's just over 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. His sense of movement is well developed now, and if I dance around, he can feel it. Guess I'll have to hit the nightclub this weekend and shake my groove thing. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that he's hearing are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now--me yelling at students :), Rocket barking, loud piano music--probably won't faze him when he hears them when he's out here with us.

No belly pic available. Kev's camera is not dans la maison. It's not here to capture memories of my girth, nor memories of Rocket opening his Christmas presents this morning. We got him a stuffed animal dog wrapped with a treat to coax him to tear open the wrapping paper. It didn't exactly work. We're interested to see whether he'll rip the dog to shreds like he did with his elephant when he was a pup:

Or be nice to him and keep him in one piece. And he also got a new tennis ball. Traditionally (and by tradition, I mean the last 2 Christmases because that is the extent of his existence), we get him a can of 3 tennis balls on Christmas, and give him 1. When he bites a hole in it, we throw it away and give him the next, and then the next. Then he doesn't get another can until next Christmas.

What did I get for Christmas? 1 of 2 things I asked for. I got Kevin's completed baby name list! We compared name lists today. There was 1 common boy name and 3 common girl names. From there, we came up with a list of 6 boy names and 5 girl names. Now we need to try them out and see which ones we love and which ones we don't. Wanna know what the names are? Too bad. We're not telling. You'll know in April, though. Muhahahaha! And what did I not get? My fixed Escape. The auto body shop said perhaps by the new year. Good gravy, I hope so.

And can't forget Kevin. What did he get? He gets the privilege of not having to carry his child. And a happy wife. A happy wife is a happy life, so that's a perfect give in and of itself.

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

You know that you owe us from last week too, right? Not impressed.