Friday, September 16, 2011

Hello Again! Post 2: Midwife appointment

"Wha? Post 2? Confused." You say? To make up for lost time, I'm posting more than once today :) So go back to the previous post, and there you will find the usual weekly update.

So...I had a midwife appointment today. I took a half day off (morning) of work for it, because it was the glucose test appointment. The glucola drink was larger, grosser (which I realize isn't a word), and flatter than I remember it being. The lab tech assured me it was the same as before. She was definitely wrong.

Weight was okay, blood pressure was great, heartbeat was 137 bpm (Colin's was 136 bpm at this point). Baby is still head down with feet to my right. I asked my midwife if there was any way to avoid getting Group B Strep this time around, and she said no. It took 2 nurses about an hour to get an IV in my arm last time, and that was uber annoying so I'd like to avoid that if I can. But I guess it's out of my control.

Since my midwife's cool like that, she said she was going to skip the cervical check since I didn't have any pre-term labor problems with Colin :) YES!

I have an appointment a month from now, and then I start the every-other-week appointments. Seriously, this pregnancy has flown by. Before I know it, I'll be all snuggled up with a baby in a warm house during the cold winter :)

After my appointment, I had some time to kill so I went to Caribou for a Hot Apple Blast and Bruegger's for a sundried tomato bagel with a slice of muenster cheese. Then I was off to Kohl's to use my $10 free card to buy some fleece jammies for Colin to wear since it has been so cold at night. After I browsed at TJMaxx and Target, I headed back to work. I was not feeling well at all the rest of the afternoon, but I made it through the day.

1 comment:

stephie said...

How did your presentations go? Love your belly! I agree...I can't believe how fast time has been flying. L will have her baby in no time...then you!