Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Entryway

In August, we used some curriculum money I had earned over the summer to transform our entryway into something a bit more organized and useful than just a dumping ground and a pile of shoes.

Before:
(The teeny tiny shoe shelf was broken because Colin sat on it).

After:
All supplies from IKEA.

Buckets: Knodd $29.98 for both
*One for each kiddo, and I'm thinking I might get some vinyl lettering to put their names on their buckets, once Snowflake has a name :)

Hat rack: Tjusig $29.99
*Kevin and I hang our coats up on the hooks. I was a little disappointed in this product because it's not quite long enough to screw into studs in the wall. So Kevin had to use some leftover laminate we had to make a backboard. Those Swedish measurements...

Hooks (we bought 2 sets...one for each kiddo): Tjusig $19.98 for both
*I might put vinyl names on the wood part of these hooks too.

Shoe bench: Tjusig $79.99
*Worth EVERY penny, because Colin can actually sit on it and all of our shoes fit!

Total: $159.94 + tax

We LOVE this so much more than our old, ghetto set up.