Thursday, September 1, 2011

26 weeks

26 weeks Snowflake vs. 26 weeks Colin (includes pictures!) and the wordy 26 week post
How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +18 lbs. This is on my home scale which is more forgiving than the scales at the clinics, which I refuse to believe ;) For the last week and a half, there have been doughnuts in the teachers lounge. Good ones. And I indulged. I'm so naughty.
Size: Eggplant or English Hothouse Cucumber, or 14 inches and 1 pound 10 oz.
Baby Development: "The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Finishing my Simply Music training last night! I have to do a licensing conference call, and then I should be good to go to start teaching!
Movement: Snowflake is starting to cramp my comfort. I find it hard to get comfy in the chair to read books to Colin with a big ol' belly in the way. I love feeling him/her move though :)
Food cravings: I'm still thinking about the corn on the cob and the deep fried pickles at the MN State Fair. Yummo. Pretty sure we won't be able to go this year :( So if you're going, will you please eat some for me so I can live vicariously through you?
Food aversions: Rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies
What I miss: Not snissing, not having round ligament pain, alcohol, clothes that fit.
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I wore a few more pair of maternity pants this week, but I am waiting on the shirts since most of what I have is long-sleeved.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: It's very circular and the top part sticks out a little bit. When I sit down and lean back, my belly button disappears...
What are you looking forward to this week?: We have a wedding to go to this week--Kevin's BFF's sister. It's at a winery, and it should be fun to get out and have some fun. My parents are coming up to watch Colin while we're gone, and my dad and I are going to make pickles. My first canning experience! And they're also going to finish painting Colin's room. It's so nice to have help :)

1 comment:

stephie said...

You're behind...I'm trying to patiently wait.........