Thursday, September 22, 2011

29 weeks

29 weeks Snowflake vs. 29 weeks Colin
Uh...I accidentally deleted the covered belly picture from my camera. So you only get a bare belly shot this week ;)
How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +22 lbs.
Size: Butternut Squash, or a little over 15 inches and 2.5 lbs.
Baby Development: "His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: Grocery shopping. Why, you say? Because I spent $91 at Aldi for not one but TWO WEEKS worth of groceries. The groceries were not a bunch of processed, boxed meals. They included 6 fresh chicken breasts, fresh chicken tenderloins, and 1.5 lbs of ribs. I still have a bit of money left over to buy more milk, bananas, and whatever else might come along this week. I had another best moment, and that will be in my next post.
Movement: I feel his/her little feetsies kicking me and his/her butt pushing all the time. I love feeling him/her move :)
Food cravings: I crave nothing in particular.
Food aversions: Nothing anymore really, but I DON'T crave rich sweets like cupcakes and brownies like I did with Colin.
What I miss:
Not snissing, not having round ligament pain, alcohol, being able to bend over to pick stuff up off the floor without feeling pain.
Stretch marks?: None.
Maternity clothes?: I wear maternity pants and a mix of maternity/non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: I sleep as well as Colin sleeps.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: Outie
What are you looking forward to this week?: Starting piano lessons on Thursday, and a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

No comments: