Sunday, September 18, 2011

Simply Music: And now it's up to fate.

I held my two introductory sessions this weekend. I had 1 person attend Saturday (1 didn't show), and at one point she said she was 99% sure she'd sign her son up. As she was leaving, I realized I didn't tell her the price of the student materials (books and what not) and when I told her, she said, "Well that makes a big difference." I emailed her to clarify costs and everything. I haven't heard from her yet.

Then today I had 3 parents/2 kids attend (1 parent/child didn't show). All 3 were interested and filled out their availability form. Then I checked facebook and one said it's not in their budget right now :(. This student is one I've had for a year and a half, and she started pretty young, so she only took lessons every other week to the tune of $31/month. Now lessons are every week and they cost more. So I'm really sad about that. Especially since I know she'll do really well in it.

I told everyone that I'd like to start the first week of October, so I'd need the money for at least the student materials tomorrow (Monday) so I can order and receive the materials from Simply Music on time.

The two students I haven't mentioned both go to the school I teach at, so I said they could just give me the money at school. I guess I will find out tomorrow if they're going to sign up!

After tonight's session, I was so sure I'd have at least 3 students, if not 4. Now I'm down to hopefully 2.

Have I told you lately that I hate money? Because I do.

No comments: