Thursday, October 20, 2011

33 weeks

Before we start...I feel like I'm writing these weekly updates every other day. I just finished writing the 32 week update, didn't I?

Without further ado...
33 weeks Snowflake vs. 33 weeks Colin
How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +27 lbs.
Size: Pineapple, or 17+ inches and 4+ lbs.
Baby Development: "He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.." (From babycenter.com)
Best moment this week: I told Colin I had a tummy ache and that I was just going to rest on the couch for awhile. He said, "Okay, Mama. I rub your back. I make you feel better." So he did. I lay on the couch and he sat behind me and gave me the cutest little back rub. And you know what? I felt better.
Movement: Snowflake apparently has a bicycle inside there, and s/he pedals it around a lot. I've been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions when I get active.
Food cravings: None really.
Food aversions: Nothing anymore.
What I miss: Not having round ligament pain, not snissing, alcohol, a more flexible wardrobe.
Stretch marks?: None. I do believe my linea nigra has appeared, but it's pretty light.
Maternity clothes?: I wear maternity pants and a mix of maternity/non-maternity shirts.
Sleep?: Between the round ligament pain, tendonitis in my hip flexors, night sweats, stuffy nose, times when Colin wakes up, and when Snowflakes's awake and moving around, I'm not getting enough quality sleep. I'm exhausted. Even if I go to bed an hour early, it doesn't help.
Gender?: We'll let you know in December!
Belly button?: More flat than out.
What are you looking forward to this week?: Midwife appointment next Wednesday (we're at the every other week appointments now!), and the freakin' weekend. It has been a long week with conferences and whatnot.

No comments: