Monday, December 22, 2008

The reason I don't clean these days

I hosted a piano recital at my home for my 5 lovely lady students. Thus, I cleaned my house for about 5 hours. BUT not the entire 5 hours, you see, because I couldn't stand for very long! I'd sweep a bit of the floor and my right hip would hurt. I'd sit down. Then I'd get up and sweep some more and then sit down. Then I had to mop up Rocket's paw prints. So I'd do a little bit, then sit down. Then I dusted, and washed dishes, and cleaned the bathroom. It has never been such a painful job before. Now that the recital is over (it went well, the students had fun, the families were appreciative, they loved my punch), all I'm going to do is sit the entire rest of the night. My house does look quite lovely, though. Cleanest it's been at least all week. Maybe even longer than that.

Oh, and our washing machine doesn't work. At least it didn't 5 hours ago when I tried. There's no way I'm walking down the stairs to the basement to check if it works now. Because, you know, that means I'll have to walk back up. The only reason I'm hoping it doesn't work is so that I can get a new washer. But that costs money. Money that ideally should be used towards other things. But if the cosmos want me to get a new washing machine, let the cosmos speak.

Off to sit on the couch. If you need me, you'll find me there. And bring a snack while you're up... :)

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

I'd totally bring you a snack, but first Tony would have to bring it to me, before I bring it to you. :)

Nice work lady. I hope it was as quick as you'd hoped.