Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catching up in pictures

I know, I've been a bad blogger. I feel bad, I really do. But here's a post in pictures to catch you up with what has happened over the last few days.

In short, Christmas Eve was spent at Kev's Grandma L's. We saw Kev's cousin's son Tyler, who used to be a baby, but is now 3. We only see them at Christmas, and to see that he was a kiddo who was talking and playing with monster trucks on the floor was a real change from the 2 year old we saw last year.

Christmas day was spent at Kev's Grandma F's. Here we saw another cousin's kiddo, Mason, who is 2, I think. This is was also a crazy change from last Christmas.

On Saturday morning, we headed down to Roch to visit my family. We arrived and opened presents immediately. I got a new camera. Now I don't have to rely on Kev to bring his home so I can update my blog. So I practiced using the camera.


The camera has a color tagging function where you can choose a color to tag, and it makes the rest of the picture black and white except for everything that is the color you tagged. For instance: Study of greens:


It was a good time, and even baby got some Christmas presents; a couple pack of onesies and some books to add to the book collection. Baby thanks Grandma :)

Later that night, I went to the local (smoke-free. i heart smoking bans) pub. I invited a bunch of facebook friends I graduated with. About 20-25 showed up throughout the night. It was a lot of fun catching up with everybody. We didn't have a 5 year reunion, so this 9.5 year get together was a good time. Here are some snippets of our good times.




Then Jen and I took a belly picture together. But unfortunately blogger isn't letting me upload it. Boo.

Yesterday, I braved the wintery weather and met up with K mom, L Dawg, and the engaged Sarah and Grant at the Olive Garden. We indulged in soup, salad, and breadsticks and good conversation.


We also found out where the OG stores their cheese graters.


And, lastly, take a good look. This is the baby's room "Before" picture. Although, this is not in it's original state. This is our paint color of choice (as mentioned in previous post, "Swimming" by Sherwinn Williams). We've removed the carpet and trim to make room for the white trim tomorrow and the "wren" colored carpet on Friday. I shall post pictures when those two projects are completed.




And now I must be off to the chiropractor. Cross your everything that I get my Escape back today. I will be back later to post the weekly update, with belly pictures this time :)

4 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

If only for the dog tongue {looks too dark to be Rocket?} I love that you have a new camera!

AJ said...

It is Rocket :)

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God. Lovely for you to post the most flattering picture of me for all of the internets to see. :) I laughed SO HARD when I saw it.

AJ said...

Ha! Oh Sarah. I will delete it if you wish, but it is way too "you" not to post. Now everyone who doesn't know you gets a little taste of your vivaciousness.