Wednesday, January 14, 2009

26 weeks: English Hothouse Cucumber Wiggleworm

A wha?!? You ask. This:
Wiggling around like it's never wiggled before.

This week, Raina measures in at 14 inches and about 1 lb 10 oz. The network of nerves in her ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both sides of the conversations I have. I hope she understands why mommy has to use her angry voice sometimes at school now that she hears my students. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. If Raina is actually Rain, his testicles are beginning to descend--a trip to the scrotum that will take 2 or 3 days. I'm sure he'd be embarrassed if he knew I were telling you this :) She's starting to kick/punch/jab/wiggle a little bit higher up now. Not quite into the ribcage yet, but getting closer.

In the outside world, the tendonitis that resides in my hip flexors flares up about once or twice a week. Stretching and exercise helps, so I must be more diligent about getting to Snap and riding the recumbent bike.

I also woke up this morning at 4 am feeling a bit (shhhh!) constipated. I haven't been eating nearly as many veggies as I should, and look where it got me. To get things moving, I will bring a big bowl of veggies to eat for lunch today.

Car accident update: Still don't have the Escape back (yeah, I know, ridiculous), but my chiro said perhaps after a few more weeks, we can cut back down to every-other-week appointments again! Awesome.

Let's hope for a "cold day" tomorrow so I can sleep in a little just for fun, eh?

No comments: