Friday, January 2, 2009

Baby's room phase 2, midwife appointment

Kevin put up most of the trim yesterday. We left the trim around the windows, closets, and door for a later time. We'll be ordering a new door and a new set closet doors soon. So you won't see trim around those areas in the pictures.

The carpet guy came this morning to lay the "wren" colored carpet. Lovin' it!


*The first picture is closer to the actual wall color.

I think it will look great with the dark color of the crib, which I will be ordering this weekend.


I had another midwife appointment today. Thanks to the holidays and its surplus of cookies, I gained 5 pounds in 3 weeks. That's to be expected, I guess. So now my grand total is 16 pounds. Rain's heartbeat was in the 140s today, which was up from last appointment, when it was 124. Today was the first appointment I got my belly measured with a tape measure. Midwife said it was perfect. She was thrilled to hear that we didn't find out the sex at the ultrasound, and made a note in my file that read, "Daddy will announce sex at birth." How cool is that?!? Kev does not know he has this job yet.

My next appointment will be a joy. On the agenda: 1 hr glucose screen, a chat about classes, and my first cervix check. Oh what fun.

2 comments:

stephie said...

The room looks great, and so does the bed!!!

leah @maritalbless said...

Love the progress on the nursery and your crib choice. So glad to hear you're right on pace with the measuring and you're in good company regarding the weight gain.

I love that Kev is going to announce!