Wednesday, January 21, 2009

27 weeks: Cauliflower

This week, Rain weighs almost 2 pounds (about the weight of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14.5 inches long from head to toe. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals (really? Because it feels like he's awake A LOT these days), he's opening and closing his eyes, and maybe even sucking on his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. Rain's lungs are still immature, but they would be capable of functioning with a lot of medical help if he were to be born now. He may start to hiccup any time now. I don't think I've felt those yet, but I'm on the watch.


In the past few weeks, I've felt more movement throughout the day (rather than mostly at night before) than I've felt before. I'll be up in front of the class, and feel the baby somersaulting around. It's hard to concentrate on my job when he wants to play in there!

Last Friday we had another no-snow snow day, and I found a good deal on Thirsties diaper covers at My Baby Pumpkin, so I snatched them up. They came in the mail yesterday--my first fluffy mail! They are super cute. I got them in celery and melon.



No word yet on the Bummi's Super Brites I ordered. I'll give the online store girl another day to send me some sort of email before I start asking about their status.

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Boo to you about not sharing your cd score again. :) I haven't heard anything either, what's the deal?

You're looking adorable as always! I hear you on the kicking while working!

"would you like a marga-wait, want to feel my stomach? He's really kicking!"