Friday, January 30, 2009

Appointment update

So I drank the orange stuff. It was much tastier than anticipated. It was much like extra-syrupy orange Sunkist/Crush/Fanta. I was told by others that I needed to open up the hatch and chug it. Eh, whatevs. The nurse (Alex) said that the serving of orange drink had about 50 mg of sugar in it. A can of Mt. Dew has about 40 mg. And this drink was not 12 oz--maybe about 4-6 oz. So yeah. Sugary. I won't know the results until Tuesday morning. Alex said no news is good news.

I gained 1 lb since earlier in the month, which puts me at 17 lbs total (I think...I'm beginning to lose track). That 1 lb. is mostly baby :)

My cervix was hard to find, and that's a good thing because that means it's high :)

Baby's heartbeat was 136 bpm. Keep in mind that's after the sugary drink.

My midwife noticed my slightly swollen ankle/calf/shin area. Yes, when I take my socks off at night, I can see the bulge above where my sock use to be. Fabulous.

Now I start my every-other-week appointments. This pregnancy really is going so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday that I went to my 8 week appointment!

My friend Jessica, who is 36 weeks pregnant, must have her baby in the next 1-2 weeks. She developed coliostasis, and baby P. needs to be evacuated. I can't wait to be a pseudo-aunt! Her baby will be my first pseudo-nephew/niece :) YAY!

1 comment:

stephie said...

Thanks for the update, I cannot wait to see you in person...it's been too long.