Wednesday, January 28, 2009

28 weeks: Chinese Cabbage

Just in case you're not up to speed on your cabbages:

I feel like the produce of recent weeks has become much less attractive and appealing than the produce of yore. Lemons and oranges are so much prettier (and tastier) than cauliflower and cabbage. That's alright though, because deep inside my baby is getting cuter and cuter. Raina's measuring 2.25 pounds and measures 14.8 inches. She can blink her baby blues, which now have eyelashes. She might be able to see light filtering in. And, once again, continues her brain development and packs on the fat. Here's a fun look showing what's going on inside:

And what it looks like from the outside:



As for me, I've been feeling a few Braxton Hicks contractions every day for the past few days. They're not painful nor anything to worry about. My chiropractor said they're practice contractions to get my body ready for what it has to do in a few months. His theory is that women who have Braxton Hicks early in their 3rd trimester can better handle the pain of the real contractions during delivery because they are used to the rhythm of contractions already. He's fascinated with pregnancy, so it's always interesting to hear what he has to say. That being said, I have an appointment with my midwife on Friday and I will talk with her about them as well. I also have to do my 1 hour glucose test, get my cervix checked (can't WAIT! errr...), and talk about education classes Kev and I need to sign up for, along with the usual weight/bp/hb checks. It's a long appointment. Obviously.

1 comment:

Jen Elder said...

Hmm, I have not been experiencing the Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm aware of what they are but haven't noticed anything. You're coming along :) Glucose test was way better than I expected, didn't get the cervix checked though that doesn't sound fun. We've already taken the breast feeding class and we're going to the newborn care class tonight :) It's all so exciting!!