Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Dream

Friday night I had a baby dream. I loved this one so much.
Characters:
-Kevin
-some family members and friends that appeared/disappeared randomly like in dreams they often do
-the "baby," who was actually a 2-year-old BOY.
-me, pregnant again

Setting: What we called the zoo, but there were no animals. Same type of outdoor walking environment though.

The dream: All I really remember was being on this wooden-slat path with round posts coming up and rope going through the posts (zoo-like, see?) and I saw Kevin holding our toddler all comfortable-like as if he'd done it for two years already. Then I, with a pregnant belly, wonder if I can hold the little guy if I'm not supposed to be lifting heavy things. I think to myself, "ah, screw it. He's my kid. I need to hold him." and I scooped him up and gave him a big hug. He wasn't that heavy after all.

The part I loved was that I actually caught a glimpse of the tot. He was absolutely a mix of Kevin and my brother at the age of two. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and bright red lips (from being chapped). I remember thinking he was super cute, and that's why I wanted to hug him. For funsies, here's Kevin (2ish, I'm guessing):


And here's my brother Scott (18 mo), along with my cousin Sarah, me (4th birthday), and my cousin Ruth:

Now, who knows how to morph two pictures into one?

Diaper cover update:
I got more fluffy mail yesterday! My yellow Bummis Super Brite arrived from Comfy Cozy Diapers. No blue one though. She sold out. :( I now have 3 total newborn-sized diaper covers. I think I'll hold off on buying any more. If I need some newborn sizes after the baby's here, I'll purchase them at that point. Now I just have to wait for the prefolds to get back in stock so I can order those.

No comments: