Sunday, July 5, 2009

Poll results and 4th of July

The Poll: It was a tie between Colin looking most like Kevin or a mixture of both. The pictures I posted for comparison purposes weren't the best. People who know us in real life say he's a good mix of both, with perhaps a little more of me sprinkled in there. Apparently he has my profile, which is unfortunate because I was hoping he wouldn't get my nose since he already has my ears.

What else is new? Let's let Colin tell you...
I got this snazzy swing, which I like to sleep in just long enough for Mommy to take a shower.
Daddy's family had a shower for me, and I got a Triple Fun ExerSaucer, which means I get to play on the playmat until I'm big enough to sit up in the actual ExerSaucer. I love the dragonfly. She's so pretty, and if I grab that green thing, I can pull her down to my face and she kisses me.
I still really like to fall asleep on mom and make these cute noises.

But she sometimes manages to sneak me away from her and this time, she got me to sleep in my Boppy for a little bit.
And then I celebrated my first holiday: The Fourth of July! We had a picnic with Daddy's family, and Mom made this Berries and Cream Brownie Squares dessert. I hear it was delicious. I wouldn't know. She wanted me to tell you that it's a Pampered Chef recipe, whatever that is.
I wore the 4th of July outfit I've been dying to wear. Go USA!
Daddy and Great-Grandpa F enjoy lighting fireworks, so they put on quite the pyrotechnics display last night. It was past my bedtime, so I was in my jammies watching the backs of my eyelids. But the loud noises didn't bother me one bit!

For the next 3 weeks, Mommy is teaching summer school. Grandma F., Grandma J., and Auntie Stephie are coming over to visit during the weeks while she's gone. Daddy is even staying home with me tomorrow morning! I'm sure Mommy will miss me a lot, and I'll miss her too, but it'll be good for me to see some new faces, and besides...she'll only be gone for the morning.

3 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

That video is absolutely adorable! I love it! He's so cute AJ!

I'm thinking of you this morning.

stephie said...

He's so wonderful!! I can't wait to see him again! Thank you for sending me his pic too. Love ya.

Kelsey said...

The sleep noises are adorable. Drew is in my lap and he is rapt!